Threads of Mexico

Journeys, Struggles, Successes, and Life for a Teacher in Mexico.

Monday, November 26, 2007

How Sweet It Is....







They boarded the plane this morning....but how sweet it was to have my mom, dad, and sister come stay with me for four days. They arrived on Wednesday.....and we went all around the nearby countryside (much to their dismay, I think...but I had an agenda planned, you know??!?!?!?). I took them to all of the "local hotspots" for food....(and gained at least 6 pounds during their visit....as any good Texan should around Thanksgiving time!). We "stumbled upon" 18 weddings happening all at the same time in a church in Jocotepec...not to mention, we got a taste of Mariachi...and the local fiestas of the town I live in...so they were culturally saturated as well.

It was like breathing fresh air or something. And the confidence of just having someone that knows who I was before I moved to this place....that was a cool feeling. I don't think I was quite prepared for the way it would make me feel....but it was good, really good.

We laughed....played.....sang.....ran over lots and lots of speed bumps (out of control, I might add)....and just enjoyed one another. That was sweet for me. Really sweet.

They saw a picture of my life here....and that was something that means a lot to me....it was fun to watch all 48 of my kids introduce themselves one by one and welcome my family very graciously to Mexico. It was fun to sit in the plaza and just be for a few hours....and let them get a glimpse of how life goes for me.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Thanksgiving holidays, although I must say that nothing about it was traditional. NIce, though....to do things in a different pace....on a different plane...from a different set of circumstances.....

Thanks for coming, guys. It was an awesome four days.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home