Threads of Mexico

Journeys, Struggles, Successes, and Life for a Teacher in Mexico.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Hero.


I have the most amazing sister. She sends me these emails every day (without fail- the night before even so that i'll be sure to receive them!)....and they say things like: "have the most spectacularly stupendous tuesday you've ever had in your whole life....have a witty wednesday....have a masterpiece of a monday...have a fantastically freaky friday..." and so on they go.

She's recently turned fourteen, and I can say that one of the hardest things about living in a different country is being away from her. She's delightfully beautiful....and more than that, she's got a sense of humor that amazes and delights me. She's very strong....and incredibly smart. She fragile and delicate, but so put together: very decisive. I was never that way. She constantly dazzles me with her self-assurance and her ability to wisely counsel and impart wisdom to her friends.

She's a pretty spectacular young woman. I miss her. But I'm thankful beyond words for her faithful communcation and keeping in touch. I look forward to her words every single day.

Thanks, Rel, for speaking so much into my life. You're a blessing to me...and truly one of my life's most respected heroes. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home