Threads of Mexico

Journeys, Struggles, Successes, and Life for a Teacher in Mexico.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jobs!

So today was one of the best days of my life in Mexico thus far. I had had an offer for a job, but couldn't accept until I was able to physically set foot on the campus to know about the situation and feel that peace....I boarded a bus this morning to take me to Chapala (it's about an hour tip on bus....only 30-40 minutes in car). I got to the station, where the English department director and her husband picked me up.

It was fantastical to walk through the streets and see this amazing little village. It's everything I want in living here. The school is phenomenal. It's under the finishing touches of construction before classes begin next Monday. I'll be teaching 5/6 grades. Instituta Terranova is its name. The school is Christian, bilingual, and private. A nice combination of traits. I'll have the younger group in hte mornings...and then they'll go to their Spanish instructor. We'll partner with both grades in this manner to teach our students in a truly bilingual atmosphere.

The joy and excitement I have can barely be contained. I'm so ready to dive into my teachers' book and just go- tomorrow. I can't, though, as I have to finish up my cert course...I'll actually miss the first week of classes becasue of this ....and for that, the English director (same woman that picked me up) is going to take my class for that week...and then I'll step in. I'm so ready...so excited. It's breathtaking...truly.

SOOOOO....I'm off....it's exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home