Threads of Mexico

Journeys, Struggles, Successes, and Life for a Teacher in Mexico.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Movin´around....

So I´ve moved...I´m now living in this amazing house with a terrace right outside my door....it´s fantastic. The house belongs to my boyfriend´s sister´s friend´s mother in law....I just go with cousin when trying to explain it to people since it´s got such a long prefix. :) And the best part of all: living there for free. Yeah. Amazing, no?

Anyways...this blog thing is sort of sporadic in that I can´t find much time to be on the internet for pleasure. I´m here to do some research every now and again, but mostly I´m doing work related stuff, teaching, and in class. But I´ll try. :)

I went to San Luis Potosi this weekend to visit my boyfriend and his family. We went to the fair (feria) and hung out all around his hometown. I love that place. It´s so peaceful..and life with his family is non-stop hilarious. His parents are precious. They´re so kind and possess so much joy...beyond words really. The hospitality of this culture amazes me every minute.

The bus ride was fairly short (especially in comparison to the ones I took from Texas!), about 4.5 hours...and the buses were nicer than planes...for real! There were movies, huge seats with lots of leg room...a great way to travel if you´re thinking of visiting Mexico.

Other than that, it was nice to just go and relax for a few days.

As for jobs, I´ve got a few more interviews in progress. There are several schools that I´m looking at; the trouble is deciding exactly which one to choose. I´ll know more this week about which job I´m going to accept. There are lots of choices here.

Anyways...nothing great and exciting to report as of today...but there will be more news later, I´m sure. Hope your week is going well thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home